Tuesday

Winter Coloring Pages

While I enjoy winter for the most part very much and look forward to the changing of the seasons the evening can get a little bit long in the evenings especially with little ones running around the house. Something I have discovered they enjoy doing is going online with me and finding sites that offer free winter coloring pages. they enjoy choosing the ones they would like to color and then I just print out as many as they want-with in reason of course-and off the go to color to their hearts content. My only cost is for the paper and the printer ink and as long as I don't let them go overboard and print out 20 pages it is some cheap entertainment for them and allows me a little quite time to myself. I usually let them print out 3 pages each at a time and if they finish those they are able to choose some other pictures they would like to color. They enjoy decorating their rooms with their finished works. they have even started making a scrap book to put all their "drawings" in.

Some of these sites that I found were really well thought out and offered a gold mine of different things for a family to do on long winter nights or when the weather did no cooperate during the day. I found games and puzzles that they could do online as well as all sorts of other activities. Their where even some sites that offered educational ideas that could keep your child in the learning mode. One site even provided a way to print out play money which you could use to teach your children to count with. I'm not a big fan of letting my little ones spend hours staring at a computer screen or the TV for that matter so I always try to encourage them to do activities where they are moving around and their minds are engaged. it doesn't always work that way as some times I get exhausted but more often then not we find something to do that I feel has been good for them.

Some of my favorite sites are Activity Village and Kaboose

So if your kids are bored and you are having a hard time finding something for them to do google winter coloring pages and in no time at all you will have them coloring away.